17 April 2008

Erosion Project : China Connection


These are some thoughts about the China side of this project.
To do research and inspiration work I want to travel to those oldest of erosions, the karst mountains of Guilin, the mountains of misty meditations. And then I want to see the problem erosion of the Bohai Sea. Beijing is a good base for this, so I will look into a residency at Red Gate or position at the Fine Arts Academy.

If I need to work in clay or plaster there are residencies at JingdeZhen or Sanbao in Jiangxi Province or Yingge in Taiwan.






  • Jingdezhen 景德镇
  • Yingge, Taiwan
  • 中央美院 Central Fine Art Academy, Beijing
  • LiJiang
  • Yangtze River
  • Kunmin, Guilin, Yangshuo, inspirational geography and travel
  • Red Gate Residency, Beijing
  • Red Gate Gallery
  • Chinese Study and Linguistics
  • Recycling project
  • Erosion project :: Fluvial Processes
  • Balance of Trade
Update: Spring 2009 travel to Guilin, Yangshuo, Yunnan, Yangtse Tiger Leaping Gorge, Shilin Stone Forest, and a month working in clay in Jingdezhen. Meizhonghua is the blog I am writing about my experience and impressions...in English.